Injured in a Bike Accident? We Offer Free Consultations
A bike accident can cause serious injuries. A careless driver who hits you could cause thousands of dollars in medical bills (or more!). The Beliz Law Firm can help if this happens to you. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’ll listen to you what you have to say and advise you on the best course of action. We do not charge a fee until after we earn a settlement or judgment in your favor. Contact our experienced bicycle accident attorneys today.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A BIKE ACCIDENT
Immediately call and report the bicycle accident to local authorities. If possible, obtain the officer’s name, report number, and police agency.
Promptly seek medical attention for your injuries. After a bicycle accident, many injuries, even serious ones, are not readily apparent.
Get the other driver’s auto insurance information by using The Beliz Law Firm’s Accident Fill-out Form.
Notify your auto insurance company. Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage may be available.
With a camera or cell phone, photograph any property damage to your bicycle as well as to the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident. Additionally, take pictures of the accident scene, car debris, tire skid marks, traffic lights/signals, etc.
Don’t speak! Any information given to the other party or to their auto insurance company may be detrimental to your personal injury claim.
Contact a reputable and experienced California bicycle accident attorney.
Cycling in Long Beach
Bicycling is great for exercise, transportation, or just enjoying a great day. Long Beach has many fantastic bike routes and is a great city to see by bicycle. However, as the push for a more cycling-friendly city continues, bike accidents are becoming more common.
Over the last 10 years, bike accidents have increased substantially in Long Beach. Bike accidents are often serious because of the massive size difference between cars and bikes. Each year in the United States automobile traffic accidents kill over 600 bicyclists and injure 50,000. About 100 of the fatalities occur in California.
Common Causes of Long Beach Bike Accidents
In Long Beach, car drivers cause about a third of all bike accidents. in 23% of bike accidents, no at-fault party could be identified. For accidents caused by drivers, there were four main causes:
- Right-of-way Violations – The most common driver-caused bike accident happens when drivers pull out in front of cyclists. When the cyclist has the right-of-way, they expect the car to yield to them. When they do not, it can cause a crash.
- Improper Turns – Another common cause of bicycle accidents are improper turns. For example, a motorist may not see a cyclist and turn left in front of them, causing an accident.
- Running Stop Signs and Red Lights – Carless driving can lead to the running of stop signs and red traffic lights. Clearly, this is an issue when a cyclist is riding properly and is hit by a driver who violates a law like this.
ELIGIBLE COMPENSATION FOR BIKE ACCIDENTS
If you are involved in a Long Beach bicycle accident, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- Medical expenses for injuries suffered
- Future medical bills for injuries suffered
- Loss of earnings and loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Contact the Beliz Law Firm
For a free case review, reach out to Michael Beliz today.
Additional Practice Areas
Bike accidents aren’t the only type of cases we work with. Our services include, but are not limited to: