As a personal injury law firm, we are extremely interested in promoting safety for all people who use California’s roadways. Cyclists are especially vulnerable in California. In fact, California leads the nation in bicycle traffic deaths.
With your help, we want to bring attention to this serious issue.
Bicycle Safety Video
The Beliz Law Firm is offering a scholarship that will raise awareness about bicycle safety and helps students achieve their goals. We want students to submit an original video on the subject of bicycle safety. We will select the best video from all entrants and award a $500 scholarship.
To enter, here’s what you have to do:
- Create your video. Make sure it is no more than 3 minutes long. Video essay may use a technical or narrative style, including but not limited to documentary, fiction, live action or animation. Profane or sexually explicit submissions will not be considered.
- Upload your video and titled it Beliz Scholarship – Bicycle Safety Video
- Send the following to email@example.com:
- A link to the video (uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, or similar)
- Your name, mailing address, and phone number
- The school you will be enrolling in or are enrolled in
- Your area of study
Who Can Enter?
High school seniors accepted to university, college, or trade school, or students currently enrolled in a university, college, or trade school (or enrolled to begin by the Spring semester of 2018).
Video essays will be judged on their creativity and persuasiveness.
Deadline for Entry
All entries must be submitted by November 28, 2017. One winner will be announced on December 21, 2017. Only one winner will be selected.
2016 Scholarship Winner
The Beliz Law Firm is proud to announce its 2016 Scholarship Winner: Cecilia Nguyen! Cecilia is a computer science student at Arizona State University. Check out her video below! She has a creative take and uses some great editing skills to convey her message on the dangers of texting and driving.