2019 Scholarship ☞ Distracted Driving Awareness Tips
As a personal injury law firm, we are extremely interested in promoting safety for all people who use California’s roadways. Distracted driving has become a growing issue with drivers not only in Long Beach but all around the nation. In fact, in 2016 NHSTA traffic data revealed that an estimated 3,450 people were killed due to distracted driving behind the wheel.
With your help, we want to bring attention to this serious issue.
Check out Past Submissions
See the 2017 winner of the scholarship contest here.
See the 2016 winner of the scholarship contest here.
2019 Contest Details
Distracted Driving Safety Awareness Video
The Beliz Law Firm is offering a scholarship that will raise awareness about distracted driving and helps students achieve their goals. We want students to submit an original video with 3 important distracted driving safety tips.
We will select the best video from all entrants and award a $500 scholarship.
To enter, here’s what you have to do:
- Create your video. Make sure it is no more than 3 minutes long. Video essay may use a technical or narrative style, including but not limited to documentary, fiction, live action or animation. Profane or sexually explicit submissions will not be considered.
- Upload your video and titl it Beliz Scholarship – Safety Tips for Cyclists
- Send the following to email@example.com:
- A link to the video (uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, or similar)
- Your name, mailing address, and phone number
- The school you will be enrolling in or are enrolled in
- Your area of study
Who Can Enter?
High school seniors accepted to a university, college, or trade school, or students currently enrolled in a university, college, or trade school (or enrolled to begin by the Spring semester of 2019).
Video essays will be judged on their creativity and persuasiveness.
Deadline for Entry
All entries for the 2019 scholarship must be received by December 3rd, 2019.
2018 Scholarship Winner
Congratulations to the 2018 Beliz Law Scholarship winner is Pari Mohan! Her video was able to capture the consequences for taking bicycle safety for granted. She did a great job with her cast and crew to reiterate the importance of bicycle safety. You can check out her video below and listen to the awesome soundtrack that brought her message home.