Every day in America 27 people die as the result of a drunk driving car crash. As a personal injury lawyer, I am all too familiar with these stories. I have seen first hand the devastation that a momentary lapse in judgment — getting behind the wheel after drinking — can cause.
There are certain US holidays during which drunk driving is especially common. That’s why I offer to pay for rides home during the seven most popular drinking holidays. If I can prevent even one drunk driving crash then it’s money well spent.
2023 Qualifying Holidays
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Independence Day
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Day
What’s The Next Eligible Holiday?
New Years – Eligible Rides from 5PM on December 30, 2023 until 10AM on January 1, 2024.
How The Program Works
It’s easy to participate. Simply make a choice, the right choice, to call an Uber, Lyft, or a good old-fashioned taxi if you’ve been drinking, send me the bill, and I’ll reimburse you for the ride.
- Rides must begin and/or end within the city of Long Beach.
- Rides must be taken within the eligible time listed above for the next qualifying holiday.
- You must be of legal drinking age (21 and over) at the time the ride is taken to qualify.
- Valid for one, one-way ride.
- Limit one reimbursement per household per holiday
- Maximum value of $30.00.
- The maximum value includes a tip up to 10%. Anything above a 10% tip on the base fare will not be reimbursed.
- Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 500 submissions for rides taken for the year 2023.
- Submissions must be made within 7 days of the qualifying holiday and must include receipt, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and PayPal email address using the form below: