Hiring a personal injury lawyer after an accident is an important decision. For many people, being involved in an accident is an emotional and overwhelming event.
Hiring a skilled California personal injury attorney can be a wise decision to help bring you peace of mind and ensure you have someone who will represent your interests.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
This is a highly personal decision, but one of the main benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney is the ability to have someone who is objective and can negotiate with the other side’s insurance adjuster and/or attorney.
Here are some other reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney:
- Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations to start. You are not obligated to sign a contingency agreement before leaving the office. A contingency agreement means you are not paying for the time of the attorney but for the attorney’s results. Take time to meet with additional attorneys if you don’t mesh well with the first one.
- Your attorney will handle your first party coverages, such as uninsured or underinsured motorist claims as well. These are claims made against your own policy that will maximize recovery on a motor vehicle accident.
- A personal injury attorney will ensure the statute of limitations is protected. The statute of limitations is the cut off period that can bar recovery on your claim. If the cut-off date passes without a complaint being filed with the court, there is no obligation for the other side to continue negotiations.
- Personal injury attorneys are familiar with the various insurance laws and have the ability to negotiate. They do this for a living, so they are better equipped to anticipate the other side’s next move.
- Your attorney can give you a realistic picture of what compensation you’re entitled to. Just because your friend or family member received a huge settlement for their car accident doesn’t mean your claim is worth the same. Every case is unique onto itself . Cases values are based on its particular facts and injuries.
Tips for Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
You need to start by locating an attorney first. You can start your search by asking your close friends and family if they have a recommendation for a personal injury attorney. Doing an Internet search for “personal injury attorneys near me” is another option. Look for independent law firms rather than opting for a directory because there is no way to know where or whom the directory will lead you to.
Look at the attorneys’s reviews and his or her reputation. Having experience in the type of personal injury matter you have is key. Read their biography, any testimonials, past results, and blog posts on the types of cases they handle. Experience is important because you want an attorney who has a proven record of success.
Finding Personal injury attorneys near me
Finding a California personal injury attorney near you is recommended because you may need to make multiple office visits and attend meetings like depositions. Having an attorney that is convenient to your home or work can help reduce travel time.
If you need a personal injury attorney near Long Beach, California, the Beliz Law Firm has over a decade of experience handling hundreds of cases, including car accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, wrongful death, and more. Our firm services clients throughout the Southern California area, including Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties. Contact our office at 562-452-3772 for a free consultation.